Madison Avenue Baptist Church is an American Baptist congregation in Midtown Manhattan. Ours is a community of faith where you will always be welcome. Just as Jesus offered us a pure example of love, compassion and justice, in our human way, we attempt to follow His example and be an inclusive community regardless of race, sexual orientation, or socio-economic situation.
- We believe in a joyous spirit – so we called Rev. Susan Sparks (a professional standup comedian) to be our Senior Pastor.
- We believe in a giving spirit – so we engage in community service around such issues as homelessness, hunger, prison ministries, LGBT homeless youth, and global issues such as non-violent peace keeping and the theological response to global warming.
- We believe in a creative spirit – so we hosted the previews for the Broadway musical, Jesus Christ Superstar, and currently offer film screenings, community events and an extraordinary music program, led by composer and director Paul Stephan.
- We believe in an inclusive spirit – so everyone is welcome through our doors regardless of race, sexual orientation or soci-economic status. In fact, the Madison Avenue Baptist Church is a Charter member of the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists.
- We believe in a global spirit – so we minister to a worldwide congregation through our podcast ministry and or 60-second sermon series.
Madison Avenue Baptist Church is a church where people go out of their way to speak to you, a place of worship that honors everyone, and a community of faith that follows a gospel of joy and laughter. With us you’ll find a warm smile, a friendly handshake, and perhaps a home. We hope you’ll join us!
For a statement of beliefs as expressed in the MABC Church Covenant, please follow this link: MABC Church Covenant.
For a copy of the proposed new MABC By-Laws to be voted on at the Annual Meeting on January 27, 2019, click here.