We’re always looking for volunteers to help out at our Sunday Coffee Hour, ushering during services and at our many partner organization events. For more opportunities, visit the Community Calendar.
This holiday season at Madison Avenue Baptist Church, we would like to help the people closest to our church family as much as possible. Instead of working with an outside organization to donate Christmas presents, we will instead be providing gifts for each other!
There are 2 ways to participate:
(1) If you know anyone personally in need of holiday support (including yourself, friends, co-workers, children, colleagues, etc.) and willing to accept acts of kindness from others, please give us their contact information and a short message about how we can be of help to them. We will take these names and find out how we can best serve them during the Christmas season. Our goal here is only to help and not hurt anyone’s feelings, so please be sure anyone nominated will be okay with receiving a holiday gift.
(2) If you are willing to be a sponsor and provide a holiday gift for someone who desires assistance, please let us know and volunteer to help! Once we determine the individuals to whom we’d like to provide support, we will need individuals to help with fulfilling these presents.
As a church family, it is our responsibility to help one another during difficult times, as we all need help at one time or another. We look forward to serving each other this Christmas season! For more information or to participate, please contact Adom Crew, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ecclesiates 4:10: “For if one falls, there will be one there to lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.”
Winter Coat Drive – Through our partnership with Rauschenbusch Metro Ministries (RMM) – for which Susan Sparks serves as a board member – MABC will participate in the annual winter coat drive, now until early 2019. We will collect coats, shoes, scarves, gloves, hats, and socks each Sunday in a donation box at the back of the sanctuary. The greatest need is for men’s larger sizes and toiletries.
We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our upcoming signups for Coffee Hour and ushering. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot.
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
New Alternatives for LGBT Youth, an organization MABC partnered with earlier in the year for a soup kitchen ministry, has asked for volunteers in writing letters to some of their incarcerated clients. These at-risk individuals often become isolated and vulnerable in jail and this communication helps provide them with support along their journey. If anyone is interested in participating, please email Adom Crew at email@example.com for more information.
Every Tuesday morning from 6:45 to 8:30 a.m., St. Peter’s Church in midtown Manhattan (619 Lexington Ave. @ 54th St.) runs a soup kitchen. They are always looking for volunteers to help out and would welcome members our MABC family with open arms. If anyone is interested in participating, please contact Adom Crew, who participates in this ministry weekly. For additional details, firstname.lastname@example.org.